Application as a mentor
We are looking for mentors...
at the Faculty of Engineering and at the Faculty of Sciences who are
- full professors or junior professors
- research associates with doctoral degrees or staff with sufficient experience
- doctoral candidates in the final phase of their doctoral degree, who aspire an academic career
Tasks and personal benefit
By taking over a mentorship you can dedicate a female Master’s students, doctoral candidate and postdoctoral researcher by passing on your experience in research in a university setting as well as your knowledge about structures and career paths.
As a mentor you will
- accompany and advise a high-potential female Master’s student, doctoral candidate or postdoctoral researcher for 9 or 18 month,
- give impulses for further scientific qualification and job finding (internships, research stays abroad etc.),
- pass on your knowledge about informal structures, rules and processes in academia,
- help your mentee overcome difficult situations by providing feedback,
- help your mentee to expand her professional network
This gives the Mentors the opportunity to
- receive new impulses for their work,
- reflect upon their career path
- strengthen their advisory skills,
- expand their Networks, and
- get to know university from a new perspective
As support for making the mentoring relationship professional, a guideline is provided for the mentors and mentees.
If you want to get involved, please contact the programme coordination. You are also welcome to already complete the profile form for mentors. The transmission of the profile form is for registration only and does not obligate you to take over a mentorship.